Ohio Agriculture Facts
Agriculture is the number-one contributor to Ohio's economy. The state has more than 74,500 farms, about half of which have livestock. Farming also provides one of our seven jobs in Ohio!
Ohio is one of the top leading producers for livestock and crops:
- Ohio's cattle farmers raise approximately 1.24 million cows
- There are about 2,400 dairy farms in Ohio
- Ohio raises more than 4 million hogs each year
- Ohio is one of the largest egg farming states in the nation, producing 9.5 billion eggs a year
- There are 3,400 sheep farms in Ohio with 121,000 sheep and lambs
- Ohio produces more than 544 million bushels of corn each year
- Ohio soybean farmers harvest approximately 4.8 million harvested acres every year
- Eleven flour mills process more than 32 million bushels of corn, which supplies Ohio and the nation
Click here to learn more about the full impact of Ohio's agriculture community.
And, meet an Ohio livestock farmer and watch how they care for their animals, the land and produce safe affordable food for their families and yours.