For Your Infarmation
The For Your InFARMation program offers Ohio teachers free educational materials designed to teach third-graders about the origins of the food they eat every day and about the important role agriculture plays in the state’s economy. The lessons support Ohio academic content standards for social studies, language arts, math and science. The For Your InFARMation materials were developed by OLC in consultations with a third-grade curriculum consultant and practicing third-grade teacher.
The Ohio Livestock Environmental Assurance Program (LEAP) is an innovative and voluntary program that helps Ohio’s livestock farms of all sizes and species take a proactive approach in protecting the land, air and water on and around their farms.
LEAP teaches farmers how to identify and prevent environmental risks through best management practices and to comply with state and federal environmental regulations. Some of these practices include manure handling, storage and field application, as well as conservation practices to protect water and prevent soil erosion. These practices are applicable to all Ohio livestock farms regardless of species or farm size.
OLC focuses on engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders to share fact-based information about environmental responsibility, animal health and well-being, food safety and community involvement by the state’s livestock and poultry farmers.
OLC demonstrates the social and economic benefits of having a strong and vibrant agriculture industry in Ohio by working toward the following objectives:
- Represent the complex and diverse issues of Ohio agriculture with a unified voice to stakeholders
- Review proposed legislation and regulations to assure input and comment is provided to elected officials and federal, state and local agencies
- Educate Ohio news media about OLC’s member organizations that represent the state’s number-one economic contributor and jobs provider
- Provide easily accessible and readily available current online information on programs, issues and resources to support farmers across the state
- Continue OLC’s leadership position in providing essential benefits to its members related to key issues affecting Ohio’s livestock industry